On the 7th October 2015, an orientation program for the teachers was organised by the EDUCATION FOUNDATION, Lucknow in collaboration with the National Institute of Public Co-operation & Child Development, Lucknow. The session was a part of the lecture series initiated in the year 2014.
– To sensitize the teachers on issues related to child mental health.
– To share insights based on the learning & behavioural problems of children.
– To provide a platform for identification of such problems.
– To enable teachers, develop strategy for seeking timely intervention for such cases.
A team of Resource persons under the Leadership of Mr. N Khan, the Asst. Director & Prog. Dir for the sensitization program for the teachers on child mental health was invited to conduct the day for 25 teachers dealing with the students at Pre-Primary & the Primary Level.
As a part of the session, the house also discussed about
– Child Mental Health & behavioural problems of children
– Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Autism, Scholastic backwardness etc.
– Multiple intelligence and various learning styles
– Process for referring cases to Child Guidance Centre for Assessment & Intervention.